The Secretary of State for Tourism, the Deputation of Cáceres, the Government of Extremadura and the Spanish Ecotourism Club, have announced that the 2nd National Ecotourism Congress will take place in Guadalupe, Cáceres, Villuercas Ibores Jara UNESCO Global Geopark, between the 7th and 9th of November, 2017.
The details of the 2nd National Ecotourism Congress, taken from their website, are listed below.
- To highlight the concept of ecotourism in the national and international tourism market.
- To favour visibility of by-products, like geotourism or birdwatching.
- To synchronise ecotourism supply with ecotourists’ demands and tastes.
- To guide all the actors in planning and managing ecotourism in a sustainable way.
Who the Congress is addressed to:
The Congress comprises the ecotourism sector and it is mainly directed towards:
- Technicians and people in charge of the public administrations responsible for tourism.
- Managers of National Parks, Biosphere Reserves, Geoparks and other natural spaces.
- Technicians in charge of regional environmental administrations that regulate activities in protected areas.
- Managers of biodiversity and geodiversity resources: Entities preserving the territory.
- Managers of biodiversity and geodiversity resources: Organisations managing private spaces.
- Managers of biodiversity and geodiversity resources: Preservation NGOs and the like.
- Business sector involved in ecotourism: Agencies and/or businesses specialised in activities.
- People representing tourism associations located in natural spaces.
- Technicians in charge of rural development groups with ecotourist destinations.
- People representing national and international tour operators specialised in ecotourism.
- Universities and community colleges connected with management of the environment and the ecotourism product.
The deadline for registration is the 22nd of October, 2017!
For more information, contact the organisers of the Congress.
- Our participation in the 1st National Ecotourism Congress. Daimiel. Ciudad Real. Castilla la Mancha. November 2016.
- Download our Ecotourism Declaration of Daimiel (November 2016), created in the I Ecotourism National Congress.