In the year 2015, and after being accepted in the Tourism Product Club of the Spanish Biosphere Reserve, Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve Office became part of TUREBE, which results in one more step taken towards encouraging ecotourism in Lanzarote.
What is TUREBE?
In the year 2009, with funding from the Program for Innovative Business Group (IBG) of the Ministry for Industry, Energy and Tourism, the Global Nature Fund encouraged the creation of TUREBE, an Innovative Tourism Business Group.
TUREBE was created as a non-profit organisation and was registered in MINETUR as an IBG in May of 2010, presenting a strategy plan made through a participative process with tourism businesses, entrepreneur organisations and innovative entities that share a common goal; to promote sustainable ecotourism in protected spaces.
TUREBE works with Spanish tourism administrations for a nature-based tourism experience with sustainable goals. TUREBE works nationwide and gathers ecotourism entrepreneurs located in protected spaces and collaborates with public administrations dedicated to tourism, environment and rural development to promote the Spanish Ecotourism Product.
As a managing entity of the Spanish Ecotourism Club, TUREBE performs the following functions:
- Promote the Spanish Ecotourism Product, offering a wide selection of ecotourism experiences that stand out for its sustainable compromise.
- Help entrepreneurs put together unique ecotourism experiences.
- Act as a spokesperson of the product at a national and international level.
- Represent the entrepreneurs that join the Club.
- Help the entrepreneurs that are members of the Club (renovate ECST memberships, manage new memberships, etc.
- Look after the observance of the membership requisites and approve new members.
- Update the Club’s offer and ready it for an efficient promotion.
- Promote the product in segments with the help of public administrations.
- Help commercialise the experience and/or commercialise it directly.
- Offer benefits to the entrepreneurs that join the Club: training, technical support, exchange, joint and specific promotion, commercialisation, etc.
Which associations and businesses of Lanzarote are part of TUREBE?
The Island Association of Hotels and Apartments’ Entrepreneurs of Lanzarote (ASOLAN) was the first business association of the island to join TUREBE; thus, any business associate with ASOLAN are also part of TUREBE.
Since last year, the Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve Office is part of this business association, so any businesses authorised by Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve Tourism Product Club Office can also get benefits from being part of TUREBE.
Discover Ecotourism in Spain on the website “SoyEcoturista.com” !!
TUREBE info cards
These must be filled by the businesses that are members of Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve Tourism Product Club to be included on the website soyecoturista.com.
You can post first response comment.