The Island Council of Lanzarote, through the Biosphere Reserve Office, has organised the next Tourism Product Club of Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve course to train businesses of the Club during the 15th, 16th and 17th of May, 2017, between 9.30 and 13.30 in the facilities of Lanzarote’s UNED (Arrecife).
This free course is twelve hours long. Attendance is mandatory for the businesses that wish to join the Tourism Product Club of Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve.
Objective: train future businesses of the Tourism Product Club of Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve to join the Tourism Product Club of Spain’s Biosphere Reserve and any person interested in learning about public and private resources with which they can create sustainable tourism products in Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve.
Methodology: the development of these training actions will be based in talks by experts in different subjects. In addition, there will be a time for questions and debates afterwards with the objective of selecting resources for future sustainable tourism products.
DAY 1: 15th of May, 2017
LANZAROTE’S BIOSPHERE RESERVE. GEOLOGY AND BIODIVERSITY
Module 1. Lanzarote. Biosphere Reserve
Biosphere Reserves. World Network, Spain’s Network, Canary Islands, Lanzarote.
- Duration: 9.30 – 10.00 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Syllabus: definition of Biosphere Reserve, Spain’s network of biosphere reserves, Canary Islands’ biosphere reserve. Municipal offices of Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve. Biosphere reserve website and RRSS. Lanzarote Strategy 2020.
- Teacher(s): Juan Cazorla Godoy (Lanzarote’s Biosphere Reserve)
Module 2. Natural values of the Canary Islands. Lanzarote
a. Geology and geography of the Canary Islands. Lanzarote. Geopark.
- Duration: 10.15 – 11.00 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Syllabus: geology and geography of Lanzarote. Places of geological interest. Geopark.
- Teacher(s): Yaiza Domínguez Berdún (Environmental Science degree) and Gustavo Santana García (Oceanography degree).
b. Natural spaces and land and sea biodiversity of the Canary Islands. Lanzarote
- Duration: 11.15 – 12.00 + 15 minutes for questions
- Syllabus: protected natural spaces (general policy). Lanzarote’s flora and fauna, places of high floral and faunal interest in Lanzarote, etc.
- Teacher(s): Domingo Concepción García (Biologist. Teacher at the EUTL). l’EUTL). Volcanobirds.
******** PRACTICAL ACTIVITY – MARINA ARRECIFE from 12.15 to 13.30 h **********
DAY 2: 16th of May, 2017
HERITAGE, AGRICULTURE AND HUSBANDRY
Module 3. Agricultural values of Lanzarote
a. Agriculture in Lanzarote. Representative farming. Local products
- Duration: 9.30 – 10.15 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Syllabus: traits of Lanzarote’s agriculture. Representative farming. Local products. Natural and artificial sanding, jable farming, cochineal. Ecological agriculture.
- Teacher(s): Marta Peña Hernández (Agricultural engineering)
b. Husbandry in Lanzarote. Local products. Processed products
- Duration: 10.30 – 11.15 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Syllabus: characteristics of Lanzarote’s husbandry. Representative livestocks. Processed products (cheese, jam, liquor, et cetera). Food sovereignty.
- Teacher(s): Francisco Fabelo Marrero (Veterinary surgeon. Technician at the Island Council of Lanzarote)
- ******** from 11.30 to 11.45 h. BREAK *********
Module 4. Heritage values of Lanzarote
Lanzarote’s History and Heritage of Cultural Interest. Canary Islands. Lanzarote
- Duration: 12.15 – 13.15 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Teacher(s): Félix Delgado López (History graduate. Profesor at Lanzarote’s UNED. Teguise’s Municipal Archive).
DAY 3: 17th of May, 2017
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM PRODUCTS and SOCIAL VALUES OF THE BIOSPHERE RESERVE.
Module 5. Sustainable tourism products in Natural Spaces.
Ecotourism in Spain. The Spanish Ecotourism Association. Tourism Products in Natural Spaces.
- Duration: 9.30 – 10.30 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Teacher(s): María Teresa Madrona Moreno. President of the Forum Association ECST of Sierra Nevada and Manager of Sierra y Sol.
Module 6. Innovation in sustainable tourism workshop. Consolidate your business model.
Innovating towards responsible and sustainable business models, designing tourist experiences and communication strategies, and consolidating your business’ online presence.
- Duration: 10.45 – 11.45 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Teacher(s): Xavier Cazorla Clarisó (Elements) and Javier Tejera Jiménez (Ecoturisting)
- ******** from 12.00 to 12.15 h BREAK *********
Module 7. Social values of Lanzarote
Social economy, participative processes, associations, foundations, cooperatives, etc.
- Duration: 12.15 – 13.00 h. + 15 minutes for questions
- Teacher(s): Carlos Álamo Abreu and Vanesa Rodríguez Medina (Community Process. San Bartolomé. Tiemar Association)
Final conclusions and closure of the Course. From 13.15 to 13.30.
For more information, you can contact with the Biosphere Reserve Office of the Island Council of Lanzarote by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 928810100 ext. 2440 or 2342.
Enrol for FREE through Lanzarote’s UNED